My husband and I will be traveling to Italy for the first time in the middle from June 17 to July 3 for our honeymoon. We are thinking about Rome 3 nights - Cinque Terre 3 nights - Pick up car in La Spezia (for 7 days) and then stay somewhere in Tuscany where it would be accessible to do day trips to small towns, etc. for seven nights and then drop off car in Florence and then stay in Florence for three nights and then back to Rome one night before flying out. I love the coast and country and he loves museums and art so we figured we do a bit of both.
Does this seem like the right order of locations in terms of direction?
Easiest town to stay in Cinque Terre in terms of carrying luggage?
Places to stay in Cinque Terre? AirBNB?
Which part of Tuscany to stay in for a week that would be the most convenient for day trips and also beautiful? (we will have friends visiting us that mentioned visiting hot springs? (if anyone has any info on hot springs)
What parts of Tuscany do you think are the most special?
Driving from La Spezia to Florence? Easy roads? Where to drop car in Florence least amount of stress?
If you take the time to respond I would greatly appreciate it.....as it took me two whole weeks just to get tickets booked.....Have a wonderful day and Thank You....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 South of London in March, ancient trees and Daffodils?
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 7 Keukenhaf
- 8 Netherlands- Texel
- 9 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 12 9 day trip to France
- 13 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 14 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 15 England
- 16 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 17 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 18 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 19 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 20 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 21 Once upon a time in Italy
- 22 2 week May trip with kids
- 23 Which Aran Island??
- 24 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 25 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA