Planning our first trip to Italy. it will be my wife and I travelling - we're in love with Italian food and wine so looking forward to gaining some weight! We're not looking for a relaxing holiday in Italy by the beach somewhere, but not very packed days either.. We like to experience the local culture esp festivals, history, food and drinks.. and generally just walk a lot everywhere exploring cities and sights, we also dont like to rush and charge about form one place to another.
We havent booked anything at all yet but we're looking at being there for 17-18 nights starting just after mid-April and returning May. We are in London right now.
After reading up on forums and checking guidebooks I have short-listed a few cities and indicative days I think I'd like to spend/will need in each. SO without much ado here goes...
Venice - 2 days
Cinque Terre - 2 days
Florence - 4 days
Rome - 4 days
Naples - 2 days
Amalfi Coast - 1-2 days
What do you guys think? In an ideal world I'd have more time and spend more days in Rome and Florence. I'd also like to have visited the following but have decided that these fall into a Trip#2 itinerary:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 3 My France Vacation
- 4 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 5 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 6 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 7 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 10 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Greece during Easter week or August
- 13 Iceland driving in March
- 14 Northern Spain road trip
- 15 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 16 Help with Spain itinerary
- 17 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 18 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 19 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 20 Where to stay in Naples?
- 21 Driving
- 22 Malaga Christmas lights
- 23 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 24 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 25 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia