My sister and I are taking our first trip to Italy in May 2012 and have roughly mapped out the following locations:
Florence (taking in Chianti as well hopefully)
We plan to fly out from Venice to London, spending a week there before heading home to New Zealand.
We're both nervous about driving on the 'wrong' side of the road and have heard the Italian rail system is pretty reliable and cost effective - any hints here?
We're thinking Rome is a great place to start, before heading north to see Siena, Florence, Cinque Terre and Venice. How would you recommend we split our time (10 days) between these places? Hotel hints? transport recommendations? Must see's? etc etc
Would love your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 2 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 3 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 6 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 9 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 10 Driving
- 11 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 18 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 19 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 20 Poland--where else to go
- 21 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 22 5 days in Andalusia
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 South of France
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna