I would like you to help me plan a ~15 days Europe trip from India (Mumbai) covering France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria (open to adding 2-3 more countries) under a budget of 4500 Euros. We are 2 adults - me and my wife.
I was thinking of taking a very economical flight from Mumbai to either of the above countries (cities) and then travel by Eurail (Global pass 1000 Euros offer) visiting beautiful scenic locations. I am also open to travelling by night trains to destinations and not stay in Hotels all the time. Around 2 nights stay in France, 2 in Germany, 3-4 in Switzerland, 1 Austria (or other country). Being a couple, I would like to visit and stay around beautiful snow-peaked mountains and valleys.
I'm particularly interested in Western Europe by Eurail option (http://www.eurail.com/plan-your-trip/itineraries/western-europe-itinerary). But my concern is that on the days when I won't be staying at a hotel, would sleeping on the train while travelling be a comfortable option? Are there sleeping arrangements on the train? I would not want the trip to be hectic at all and get good night's sleep everyday.
I have looked at tour operator options as well but they're making travel arrangements from one place to another by road. Moreover, Eurail looks like a much cheaper and better option.
I do have a lot more questions but I wanted your views on the plan.
Thank you and have a nice day!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WEBROOT #renewal InstallationCONTACT☎18882790246☎ WEBROOT Tec*h 24*7
- 2 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 4 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 5 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 6 beware of robbed in Milan
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 GTG Paris December 2017
- 12 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 16 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 17 Which Area in London?
- 18 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 19 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 20 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 21 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 22 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 23 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 24 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 25 Paris November 2017