Lovers of Italy
After traveling in France with wife, I will head off, unfortunately, solo for Italy. My plan is as follows: arrive Venice 30 Sept for 4 nights, depart via train for Spello 4 Oct, rent car and stay for 4 nights, depart via train for Rome 8 Oct, depart Rome for Boston via Madrid with overnight in Madrid. Sounds weird but I save on the free air miles 'taxes' by going that route vice direct to Boston even with the hotel thrown in. I have some doubts about whether I am trying to do too much, ie would it be better to spend more time in Venice, say 5 or 6 nights and go directly to Rome. On a previous trip, I was able to spend 4 quick days in Rome and fell in love with the place and want to do some 'slow travel' there. See the art, walk the city, sit in the piazzas and relax with a carafe of wine....every day! Actually, the same can be said about the entire 14 days. Opinions welcome. Lastly, I arrive in Madrid at 530pm and depart next day at 1230pm. Any ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 Which Area in London?
- 3 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Trains - website?
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 two days in Nice
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 New fast track
- 18 Packing Champagne
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!
Lovers of Italy