14 Days in Italy and Paris

Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Original Poster

14 Days in Italy and Paris

Hi,

I'm planning for a 14days trip to Italy and Paris. Planning to visit Rome,Florence,Venice,Milan,Avigon and Paris. I'm flying from Malaysia to Rome and departure from Paris to Malaysia. My question is,

1. Is it applicable to visit 6 place in 14 days or should I drop Paris and Avigon?
2. Since this is the 1st time I'm travelling to europe,what is the minimum budget for 12 days in Italy only?
3.What is the best time to be Italy besides summer?

Thanks.
Mar 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM

As you're flying from Paris, you'll have to go there. Maybe you could fly from Venice to Paris at the end of the trip.

If it were me, I'd stay in Italy and drop Milano and Avignon on this trip.

Rome, Florence Venice and maybe one or two of the smaller cities in the north of Italy--Verona, Bologna, Padua, Ravenna. However, even with that you're not going to have much time, and each one deserves at least a week on its own.

As to budget, I'd use Tripadvisor to try to find hotels in your price range. Italy is pretty expensive as the Euro is quite strong right now.

As for time--spring and autumn are best--August is impossible. We've gone to northern Italy as late as November and although days are short and the weather spotty, we never had that much problem.
Mar 4th, 2013, 01:21 PM

Try to go in May[ longer days and flowers] and pick 4 destinations. I would stay in Italy, but Paris is possible if you fly from Venice.
Mar 4th, 2013, 01:49 PM

i agree about dropping Milan and Avignon, given the length of your trip and the fact that your flights are already booked.

to introduce some variety into your trip [all cities can be quite tiring] you could have a few days on lake Garda on the way to Venice, OR rent a car after you leave Rome and spend some days in the tuscan or umbrian countryside.
Mar 4th, 2013, 02:25 PM

kashmeera, Are you already locked into flying into Rome and out of Paris or is that what you thought to do in your early planning? Trying to visit 6 different cities in only 12 days would have you changing hotels and traveling between cities so often it leaves you much less time for actually seeing the sights.

Since it's your first time to Europe and you have mentioned more Italian cities, would you consider visiting only Italy and saving France for your second trip to Europe??

Personally, I like May or September for travel to Europe.

Budget is whatever you can afford If you give some ideas what are your needs for accommodations and dining, it would be easier to give you advice. Deborah

Search this Thread