My family consisting of 3 adults will holiday in Austria and South Germany (Bavaria) from 27 April 2013 to 11 May 2013. The routing is : Arrive in Munich, rent a car at the airport and drive to Salzburg (3), Innsbruck (2), Meersburg (3), Freiburg (2), Munich (4). Figures in bracket = nos of nights.
I have narrowed down 2 options for car rentals: Option 1 - Hertz : Opel Astra (Vaxhaul Astra) Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 496 all inclusive including GPS and Option 2: Gemut.com / Auto Europe / Europcar: VW Golf Station Wagon, 14 days, EUR 540 all inclusive including GPS.
Between Hertz and Gemut / Europcar, which is the more reliable company?
Between Opel Astra and VW Golf, which is a better car for a family of 3 with 3 large bags and 1 small bag?
Is the EUR 40 premium for the VW Golf worth it since it appears to be a slightly more premium car?
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 3 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 4 Where to stay in Naples?
- 5 Tips for first trip to UK
- 6 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 7 Portugal
- 8 Browsing Barcelona
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 11 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 14 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 15 Croatia in mid/late October
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona