13 nights Barcelona and Andalucia

Old Dec 14th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13 nights Barcelona and Andalucia

Hi,
We are planning a 13- night trip to Spain. Arriving in Barcelona on June 22 and departing from Malaga on July 5th.
This is our plan:
4 nights in Barcelona including one possible one day trip to Girona or Figueres;
3 nights in Seville including a day trip to Cordoba
2 nights in Ronda
2 nights in Granada
2 nights in Nerja ( just to rest on the beach).
We will rent a car in Seville and drop it Malaga airport,

We are looking for an advice and open to any changes except arrival and departure cities and dates .
Thanks in advace.
Dimitry.
Old Dec 14th, 2015, 05:48 PM

Hey, Dima - Sounds good. The only change I might make is to spend only one night in Ronda and put that night onto your stay in Seville since a day there will be spent in Cordoba.
Old Dec 14th, 2015, 08:27 PM
CGS

I agree. Or stay a night in Cordoba.
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 04:36 AM

I personally like Cordoba more than Sevilla. First, Cordoba's cathedral is better than Sevilla's, and second, Cordoba is more authentic and generally quieter than Sevilla which has largely been corrupted by mass tourism. Especially in Sevilla's former Jewish Quarter you find nothing but tacky souvenir shops, touristy restaurants and rip-offs.

Agree that one night in Ronda is enough.
Old Dec 15th, 2015, 05:32 PM
kja

I, too, think one night in Ronda sufficient, and I would add that night to Cordoba or Sevilla -- or maybe Granada.

Make your reservations for the Alhambra well in advance. I was very pleased with my decision to visit twice: Consider beginning with a day-time visit, starting as early as you find reasonable. During the day, you can visit the entire Alhambra, but you will do so with MANY others, so be prepared for crowds. (FWIW, the audio guide met my needs.) In the evening, you can visit the magnificent Nasrid Palace (only) with just a few others -- I found it absolutely magical! I didn't need to learn about what I was seeing -- I had done that during the day. But I got to see this incredible palace with very different lighting, and to smell the flowering shrubs, and hear the fountains, and … well, I'm sure you get it. Since I was there, I believe the Alhambra also offers evening visits to the Generalife, and if I had the chance, I would snag one of those reservations, too!

No need for a car to visit Ronda or Granada.
Old Dec 18th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. The only reason I would have the car is to explore villages on the way to and from Ronda and drive to Nerja from Granada and to Malaga airport. Not sure if I should ditch the car.
Old Dec 19th, 2015, 11:18 AM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's our Spring 2015 Spain trip report (with photos).

Loved Barcelona, Sevilla and Granada (Ronda...not so much). A visit to the Mezquita in Cordoba is a must. Enjoy your trip. Spain rocks!

<B>http://travelswithmaitaitom.com/spain-2015/</B>
Old Dec 23rd, 2015, 04:23 PM
kja

I just learned that an audioguide may no longer be available at the Alhambra, and since I recommended it above, I wanted to let you know. If so, your other options should include carrying a guidebook or two with you (hard copy or e-book), picking up a printed guide while there, or hiring a guide.