So, I've been researching a lot but it's been really hard to figure a plan out for my staying in Paris that starts on sep 23rd. Basically I'm going there alone for a 5 days (sep 26th - sep 30th) french intensive program that is 4 hours a day (from 9am to 1pm) and so I also have 6 more free days.
So my problem really is that I'll be there all by myself and tho I'm a 21 guy that scares the hell out of me because it's the first time I'm travelling abroad - and I'm on a budget that I will have probably 950~1000 euros (the hotel -an apart-hotel with kitchen - and the plane tickets are out of this budget) for food, tickets, transportation, little gifts and stuff like that. Also I think that I'll be purchasing a simcard for my phone so I can have internet on the go and access to maps and my social medias. Is that too little? I have no problems about going to a supermarket or something (I researched a bit and Picard's products looks pretty good).
Obviously I can't miss typical places like the Louvre, Sacre-Coeur, Versailles and Luxembourg gardens, but I would really appreciate suggestions of places (turisticals or not) to go alone and maybe tips of places I would probably like to stay away when alone or at night (i don't know if that helps but i'm gay and where I live we have really conservative regions of the city where it's really better for me to stay far from or it could get a little dangerous, so is this a issue somewhere around in Paris?).
Thank you guys in advance for any help you can provide me.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 2 Paris November 2017
- 3 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 4 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 5 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 6 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 7 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 10 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Current plan for March trip
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Spain in 2018
- 15 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 First time in Spain
- 19 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 20 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 21 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 25 Best area to stay near Split for easy beach access.