My fiance and I booked our honeymoon flights today to Italy! Hooray! We have 13 days and are very amibitious about what we want to see - who knows when we will be back? So, we're flying into Rome on Monday 9/17, returning flight from Venice on 9/30.
I am trying to work out a skeleton itinerary for our trip but I am overwhelmed. We plan to move around a lot (not the ideal relaxing honeymoon but we really enjoy sightseeing).
We are interested mostly in eating and general sight-seeing - walking, hiking, outdoorsy stuff.
So, with the basic itinerary below, my questions are - how much do we need to budget a night for hotel/B&B? We don't need anything super-fancy, just a clean place to stay. I'd like the nicest accomodations for our stay in Amalfi because I am considering that the veg-out and relax part of the vaca. Is $150/night enough?
Any recommendations on where to stay?
What is the temperature difference between Amalfi and Venice in terms of what we need to pack? Will it be beach weather on the coast that time of year?
Is there any way to fit in the Cinque Terra to our itinerary?
Tues/Wed- 2 nights in Rome
Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - 4 nights somewhere in the Amalfi Coast region
Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs - 4 nights in Florence, perhaps a day trip to Siena - do we have time to explore Tuscany?
Fri/Sat/Sun - 3 nights in Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Area in London?
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 family trip to Germany and more
- 7 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 8 Trains - website?
- 9 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 10 Paris Apartment
- 11 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 12 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 13 Barcelona to Malaga
- 14 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 15 Milan airport--which one
- 16 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 19 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 20 1st time to Europe
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach