Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   12 Step Program for Travel Addicts....here are the first 7! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/12-step-program-for-travel-addicts-here-are-the-first-7-a-104476/)

kk Feb 6th, 2001 01:18 PM

12 Step Program for Travel Addicts....here are the first 7!

"Hi, I'm Kay, and I'm addicted to European travel." <BR> <BR>Step One, I know that I was powerless over the desire to travel, that it has taken over my life and that I am a hopeless, mumbling idiot unless I am in a plane on my way to somewhere gorgeous in Europe. <BR> <BR>Step Two, I came to realize that there was no greater power than sitting in the small cafe Vitterio in the square of Montipulciani, sipping wine with someone I love close at hand, or in Lago di Como, or on the Spanish Steps or along side that sweet little stream in Burton-on-the-Water. <BR> <BR>Step Three, Gave up and called the air line to try to find the cheapest ticket. <BR> <BR>Step Four, Lied once again to the board of directors about how I am prospecting for new work at these places I &lt;need&gt;&lt;want&gt; to go. <BR> <BR>Step Five, Confessed to myself, and a lot of people around me, that I had no choice. <BR> <BR>Step Six, Led others down this path of frivloity and joy. <BR> <BR>Step Seven, Made a fearless inventory for the next trip, hoping to make it more organized. And go more often! <BR> <BR>Anybody care to fill in the next 5 steps to complete the necessary 12?

jen Feb 6th, 2001 01:39 PM

Step 8: <BR> <BR>Made a list of all the Fodorites from whom we could pump info about our travel destination of choice. <BR> <BR>Step 9: <BR> <BR>Communicated our questions to Fodorties on the list. <BR> <BR>Step 10: <BR> <BR>Continued to fantasize, drool, sigh, whine over our travel plans, and read Fodor's on a daily basis to integrate traveling into our daily affairs.

kk Feb 6th, 2001 01:50 PM

Good ones, jen!

howard Feb 6th, 2001 03:40 PM

Step 11: Played into the hands of the critical and sarcastic anonymous Fodors posters by trying to be cleverer than they were., anonymously, of course. <BR>Step 12: Finally succumbed to the temptation and became a member of the PAC, anonmously, of course. <BR>How're those for rounding out the golden dozen?

Danna Feb 6th, 2001 04:57 PM

can we start again? I haven't figured out any great additions, but may. <BR>Fun Thread! <BR> <BR>Danna <BR>

kk Feb 6th, 2001 05:18 PM

Absolutely, Danna, start again. 112 is fine with me! <BR>And, Howard, YOU could never be a pompous ass, never.

Danna Feb 6th, 2001 05:27 PM

kk <BR>Are you a member of the pompous club? HMMM <BR>Danna :) <BR>

kk Feb 6th, 2001 05:30 PM

Dunno, Danna, because as far as I know, no one's ever nominated me. Then again, I did suggest ribbons for the official uniform. I don't know whether to be flattered or amused or offended at your suggestion, so I shall just say, thanks.

Danna Feb 6th, 2001 05:34 PM

kk <BR> <BR>Ribbons R US! I was concerned about moles you know! Come back to the "Other Side" :) <BR> <BR>Danna

kk Feb 6th, 2001 05:34 PM

Oh, Danna, you are the one who pointed out that my ribbons suggestions was pompous when I posted on the elitist thread. Dang, I keep gettin' these clubs all mixed up. It's too much for me. <BR>I still like ribbons, and sequins, with the big number 12, as in 12 steps to true travel addiction. Right!@

Danna Feb 6th, 2001 05:42 PM

kk. it's tough keeping these alliances straight.:) really, I only get nasty in annonymous mode. Most times just say what I have to say, and risk the response. So, whaddya think about chat?

Katie Feb 8th, 2001 06:21 PM

Hey Kay - My name is Katie - and I too am addicted to European travel! <BR> <BR>I loved your 8 steps and will be thinking of my own.... The only unfortunate thing about my "addiction" is that none of my friends or family have this same problem. So I am often left ot travel alone --- any suggestions for a traveler like me? I can't give it up just b/c no one wants to go with me!! <BR> <BR> <BR>

Sinker Feb 8th, 2001 06:34 PM

Sinking for everyone.

up Feb 9th, 2001 08:53 AM

up