Hello to everyone!
We need some help with out itinerary. Going to Germany for 12 days and would like to see as much as possible while avoiding breakneck speeds.
Flying into Berlin, flying out of Munich.
We like: quaint medieval towns, museums/art galleries
General outline as follows:
Day 0: Arrival in Berlin
Day 1 - Day 3: Berlin (three full days)
Day 4: Train to Heidelberg for an overnight stay
Day 5: Train to Munich, which we'd like to use as a base.
Three days to explore Munich and the famous Neuschwanstein.
Day 9 - Day 12: leave Munich daily by train to see various cities (Bamberg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg).
Day 13: Leave Munich to go home.
How does that look? Have we allotted too much time to southern Germany? Also, we'd love to see those fairy-tale Rheinland hills with all the castles. Can we cram that into the itinerary, or would that be too much?
Driving is not an option for us, so it will be all rail travel.
We look forward to your comments/responses!
Thanks and cheers!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 more info: https://klereumcol.com/fizzy-slim-hungary/
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Visit to France
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 10 First time in Spain
- 11 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 12 Paris Apartment
- 13 two days in Nice
- 14 New fast track
- 15 Packing Champagne
- 16 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 19 Once upon a time in Italy
- 20 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 21 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 22 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 23 1st time to Europe
- 24 london or amsterdam
- 25 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
Hello to everyone!