12 days in Europe in October

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are planning on a 12-day trip to Europe in October. We are planning to fly into Paris, visit Anne Frank's house in Amsterdam, and then to Italy to see Rome and Florence. Is this possible? It's our first time in Europe and any tips will help.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 06:54 AM

Sandiego- my wife and I went to Europe (Paris) for the 1st time last fall for about the same # of days & I would really recommend picking one region and staying there. I'm sure you plan is possible but I don't know how enjoyable it would be. We considered a plan similar to yours but realized it would be way too hectic. Many posters on this board suggested we slow down and really enjoy one city / region. I'm really glad we took their advice. We spent 90% of our time in Paris but took a couple of day trips to the country side and a day trip to Brugge. It worked out really well for us.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 07:44 AM
ira

Hi S,

>We are planning to fly into Paris, visit Anne Frank's house in Amsterdam, and then to Italy to see Rome and Florence. <

That is a very rushed 4 weeks.

Why did you leave out Venice?

In 12 days you could combine:

Amsterdam and Paris
Paris and Venice
Paris and Rome
Venice and Florence
Rome and Florence

I think you get the idea.

Old Jan 6th, 2007, 08:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Those 4 cities in 12 days will be extremely rushed imo. Also flying into Paris is one direction, on to Italy the opposite. I guess this wouldn't matter if you plan to do it all by plane? Or train Paris to Amsterdam, then fly down to Rome, fly home from Rome. It *could* work but you will be spending a good portion of your time and money getting to and from airports and hotels in the various cities.

Take Ira's good suggestions and pick two cities for your trip.
suze
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 08:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry, bad sentence above. Amsterdam is one direction from Paris, Rome and Florence the other direction.
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions. We were afraid of it being rushed if we visit all these places. My husband ans I are in our late 20's and know that this won't be our last visit. Howeveer, for our first time in Europe, we like to take in the scenery,enjoy the culture and food. I think we're leaning more on visiting Italy if we are to stay in one region or country. Aside from the usual places to see in Italy,we like to visit the countryside or small towns and historical places. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 7th, 2007, 07:48 AM

Assuming 11 nights in Italy, fly into Venice and stay 3 nights, train to Florence for 3-4 nights with one or two daytrips to Tuscan towns, train to Rome for 4-5 nights, fly home from Rome.

You will go back.