Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

12 days in Andalucia--your opinions please?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Vanessa

Hi--<BR><BR>We're flying in and out of Sevilla and making a huge circle around Andalucia--2-3 days in Sevilla, 1 night in Cordoba, 2-3 nights in Granada. Anyone have opinions on where to spend the other 6 days split among Almeria, Nerja, Fuengirola, Estepona, Cadiz and Jerez de la Frontera? Your thoughts are more than welcome.<BR><BR>

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Alyssa

I went in 1996 & had a great time. I think you need at least 3 nights in Sevilla--it's a pretty large city with a lot to see. Cordoba is smaller--you can see the sights in 1 day, but 2 nights will allow for a slower pace. The Alhambra in Granada can be seen in one full day--2 nights is enough. We drove through Jerez--I think unless you're planning on tasting Sherry, you might prefer Arcos de la Frontera--a white hill town with beautiful narrow streets & sweeping views. Ronda is also beautiful & the drive from Sevilla to the coast through Ronda is great, if scary. As for the coast, we stayed in Marbella and found it fancy and beautiful. Carmona was also a pretty town outside of Sevilla. Driving was easy between cities. Have a great time!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Laura

Portugal is only about a 3 hour drive, maybe a little trip to Sawgrass? Just a thought.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Vanessa

Yeah, Portugal is on my list for sure, but not this trip. I've heard such wonderful things about that place.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Tom

One night/two days in Granada is plenty. Jerez is not worth an overnight. Don't miss Ronda. One night in Carmona. One night in Arcos.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 10:42 AM
jp

i recommend ronda and nerja.<BR><BR>enjoy!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Davidx

Another vote for Ronda but i should suggest at least one of the little towns round it as well. I will e-mail you a couple of folders of notes.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 11:43 AM
CathyM

I would definately spend 3 nights in Sevilla - it's such a beautiful and vibrant city. We did Jerez de la Frontera as a day trip and this was fine. I'd suggest 3 nights total between Arcos de la Frontera and Ronda to allow enough time to drive the route of the Pueblos Blancos. We drove from Sevilla to Arcos (day trip to Jerez). The next day we drove around the white villages and stayed again in Arcos. Then from there we drove to Ronda and spent one night before heading to Granada.