My girlfriend and I will be spending 15 days in Greece (3 days in Athens, and we want to split the rest between Crete, Santorini and Mykonos). We were wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how to split up our 12 days between each island, and if anyone has any interesting tips for first time Greece travellers.
We land in Heraklion, and we will be renting a car. We were planning on driving straight to my grandmother's old town (Rethymno) and staying there for one night, then driving to Chania and staying there three nights (apparently Chania has the best beaches... Any suggestions?), then back to Heraklion for two nights. Then we would take a ferry to Santorini for three nights, then ferry to Mykonos for two nights, then fly back home the next day.
Is this doable? Are we devoting enough time to Crete? Any suggestions for beautiful historical sites in Crete? Are two days in Mykonos enough? Should we stay in Firá or Oía in Santorini?
Thank you so much! I hope to hear from you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 The World's Greatest Churches
- 4 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 5 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 6 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 7 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 My France Vacation
- 10 Paris November 2017
- 11 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 12 GTG Paris December 2017
- 13 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 14 London vacation rental agency
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 17 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 18 Trans Siberian Train
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 21 Iceland driving in March
- 22 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 23 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 24 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler