My husband & I are planning a 12 day trip to Italy in June. This will be our first time and therefore we are looking at 4 days each in Rome, Florence & Venice, probably in that order. We are keen to do maybe one side trip from each of these cities. Some of the places that come to our mind are Pompeii, Naples, Capri from Rome; Cinque Terre, Chianti, Lucca, Siena from Florence; Verona, Dolomite from Venice. I know I need some help
So was wondering
1) If 4 days will be sufficient in each of these cities?
2) Are there any side trips we can comfortably do? How many would be reasonable?
3) What are the most recommended full/half day trips we must take?
4) Should we plan this differently
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail vs. Plane
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 4 Self Drive UK tour
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 Where to See Flamenco
- 8 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 11 2 week May trip with kids
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Paris November 2017
- 14 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 15 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 16 New Years in France
- 17 Easter Week in Italy
- 18 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 Which Aran Island??
- 22 Spain or Portugal
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 25 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please