Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

12/04 Italy Trip Pictures / Photo Sharing

Jun 1st, 2005, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

My wife and I went to Italy this December- spending 3 days in Naples, 4 in Rome(including Midnight Mass at the Vatican), 4 in Florence and 3 in Venice.
Well it only took 5 months, but I've finally finished posting our photos online.
Please check them out:

http://pistilli99.multiply.com/photos

Multiply is a great site for sharing photos online- first of all it is 100% FREE, and unlike most free sites, the space is unlimited, and you can allow as many or as few people to view your pictures as you want. Plus-(and this is also a rarity among free sites) you can allow people to download the high-rez pictures from the site so that they can make high-quality prints at home- without having to order prints from the website- but they do also offer printing service if you want.
Anyways, before posting my photos I checked out all the main online photo sharing sites and Multiply provides the best free service by far.

Hope you enjoy the pics.
Drew
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:27 AM

Thanks for sharing...I just viewed your photos and they are beautiful!

Ciao
Jun 1st, 2005, 07:41 AM

Nice photos, Drew. Thanks for sharing.

Did you by any chance stay at the B&B Donna Regina in Naples? Your photos of the room look very similar to those on the site. If so, what did you think? We are staying there for three nights in a couple of weeks.
Jun 1st, 2005, 08:08 AM

Yes, Drew, do tell. Did you have the dinner there, by any chance? And how were the beds?

Very nice pix, by the way. You've set the bar very high for Ms. Go and I to aim for!
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Mr and Ms Go-
Yes, we did stay at the B & B Donna Regina. It was very nice- the room was spacious and clean with a big bathroom, and the breakfast was very good. We did not have dinner there, but the staff was as helpful as they could be- however, if you don't speak Italian, make sure they know you need someone there who speaks english- when we arrived, since our last name is Pistilli, they were expecting us to be Italian, and did not have anyone there who spoke english- in fact, twice during our stay the owner had to call her sister and have me talk to her on the phone so that she could translate.
One other word of caution- it was difficult to find the bed and breakfast since the street it is on was under construction- this was in December, so maybe they're finished by now, but if they're anything like Chicago, they won't be done yet.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Have you been to Naples before?
It's quite an experience.
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:41 AM

I must say you are a very good photographer. Thanks for the preview to our trip in Venice, Florence, & Rome.

By the way did you stay at the Danvanzati in Florence? If so how di you like it? We reserved a room this coming Oct.

Greg
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Hi Greg-
Yes we did stay the the Davanzati in Florence- and it was awesome- by far the nicest place we stayed during our trip. The rooms had plenty of space and were completely spotless. The bathroom was beautiful (newly renovated) with a much larger than average (for italy) shower. The breakfast was very nice- a better assortment of fresh fruit and pastries than at most italian hotels. Plus they have a computer with free internet connection in the breakfast room- And it's in a great location- within easy walking distance to everything. Really everything was great- Fabrizio, the owner / concierge helped us with our train travel and booking our tickets for the Uffizi- before we even left the states!
Anyways, I would say you've made an excellent choice.
Enjoy.
Jun 1st, 2005, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the information. No, we have not been to Naples before, but we understand that it's quite an adventure.

As for the language, they already know that we are native English-speakers. Plus, I've been brushing up on my basic Italian phrases, courtesy of my Pimsleur CDs.

If you don't mind my asking, what were your top 3 "must-see" sites in the city? We have some pretty reliable guide books already, but I'd be interested in hearing your perspective.
Jun 1st, 2005, 01:47 PM

Really enjoyed your photos, Drew. They made me long to be in beautiful Italia again. Thanks for sharing them.
Jun 1st, 2005, 02:04 PM

Thanks for sharing your photos. They are lovely.
Jun 1st, 2005, 02:08 PM

Thanks Drew;
I saw the interior photos of the Hotel Davanzati. It looks great! By the way, when in Rome we will be staying near the Campo di Fiore so where exactly is the restaurant Ditirambo?
Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

Hi Greg-
Ditirambo is on the north side of a the Piazza della Cancelleria- a little piazza (more of a street really) that starts at the northwest corner of Piazza Campo de Fiori and curves around to the east.
It took a couple minutes of wandering to find it- but the food was definitely worth it.
you can check out heir menu at:
http://www.ristoranteditirambo.com/
Jun 2nd, 2005, 10:26 AM

Beautiful photos. You are very talented.
Humbly,
Ahotpoet