We are planning a 11 nights trip in mid-May 2012. Flying into Brussels and back from Amsterdam. Would love your advice on the itinerary in between. We are a couple in our 40s, love sightseeing, walking, and getting to know different cultures. We prefer convenience and would rather take day trips than spending time packing/unpacking, but want to see as much as we can while having a balanced vacation.
Here is our preliminary itinerary:
Our flight to Brussels arrives on Friday, so we were thinking of staying 3-4 nights there, taking advantage of lower weekend hotel prices and possibly taking 1 or 2 day trips during that time (Ghent, Luxembourg?). After that, either Bruges and/or Anwerp for 2-3 more nights and move up to Amsterdam, staying there the last 4-5 nights, taking day trips (any suggestions?) from there too. We are not planning to rent a car, so will use trains.
Would appreciate any feedback - we are pretty flexible and still can change plans if we see something appealing.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care
- 2 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 3 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 6 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 9 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 10 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 11 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 12 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 17 Driving
- 18 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 23 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 24 Poland--where else to go
- 25 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond