110 hop-on-off bus schedule

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:11 AM
Jeannie

110 hop-on-off bus schedule

Does anyone know how often this bus comes around? If you hop off, so you need to wait a long time for the next bus? Thanks.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:54 AM
carl

what city please? Paris perhaps? If so, no long waits

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:10 PM
shelley

Rome .. they semed to come about every 15 minutes or so

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:37 PM
Leslie

Watch your wallet/purse on this bus. Notorious for pickpockets because so many tourists ride this one.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 06:56 PM
Jeannie

Thank you!

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:38 PM

tourists ride the 110 ..it is a city tour bus for which you pay a flat rate for all day..pickpockets have cheaper places to lurk.

Wish people would stop trying to upset others by excesive warnings of danger..you are in a large city act accordingly.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:37 AM
elaine

Here's a website that should help you with the #110

www.atac.roma.it/trasroma/parade/linee.htm

email [email protected]

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 11:24 AM
luigi

Oh si, thisa busa isa my favorite onea. I canna getta many walletsas and purses here anda I cana makea lots of moola

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:26 PM
natasha

Hello Jeannie,
I took the 110 bus. I don't recommend it. It is not worthwhile. We had already visited everything we had planned on seeing in Rome and took it to see things we didn't know about and go by things one last time.
The stop(s) for Trevi fountain/Pantheon and Spanish steps is not right close to them. You cannot see any of these things from the bus. In fact it isn't really different than walking to them yourself, since that is what you have to do anyway. I didn't find the commentary helpful, it was a bit difficult to hear and to understand with the accent.
I did a hop on/off bus tour around London, and another around Bath. The London one is so much superior. For one, you go by the sites, and secondly it is a double decker bus so you can easily take pictures while on the bus.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:04 PM
Jeannie

Thanks for all of the information. I don't hear people recommend this one as much as the ones in London and Paris, so did wonder if it was up to par. The Archeobus sounds interesting though...