11 year old on a London Shopping Spree

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 04:21 PM
rb

11 year old on a London Shopping Spree

I'd welcome suggestions for fun stores to take my 11 year old daughter who loves fashion- first trip to London- would like moderate priced stores but fun and fashionable shoes, clothing, and "chatchkas".<BR><BR>She already has Hamleys and Doc Marten on her list...Thanks.- <BR><BR>

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:08 PM
carmen

No big surprise here, but Harrod's really is a blast. My 9 year old LOVED it. (I wish she liked Docs!) There were also quite a few very cool shops on Kings Road that had fun clothes for the pre-teen hipster. Enjoy!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:35 PM
mjs

There's a chain called "Accessorize" that's full of inexpensive and fun jewelry, handbags, hair ornaments, etc., all grouped by color (I mean, by coloUr). I think there's still one in Covent Garden, and there are other ones around. I'm of a certain age and have found some pretty cool scarves and stuff there, and I've always been at least twice the age of the average customer.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Cindy

Take her to "Lush " (a couple of stores in Covent Garden, maybe others elsewhere)--for freshly made (as in some of it sold from bowls on ice)face cleansers, beautiful and fragrant soaps cut off from a large brick, "bath bombs" etc. Much more fun than the same old Body Shop stuff.

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 06:01 PM
jenna

When you think you've heard everything!!!! What is this??? For the girl that has everything????LOL!!!!!!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Unknown

Looks like a troll thread to me.