I, sister and parents are planning a 10-12 day holiday in Switzerland and Italy. Below is what I currently have thought of. Please help with suggestions modifications etc. I and the sister are in the early 30s and parents in the late 50s.
5 day Swiss
Interlaken - Lucern - Zurich
6 days Italy
Venice - Florence - Rome
We don't intend on doing much of walking/hiking. More of sight seeing, eating, experiencing the local etc. Is the above decent enough time? In Switzerland, does it make sense to have one base and do day trips or should we split our stay between Zurich and Lucern?
Same with Italy? 2 days each place or better to skip stay in Florence and do day trips from Rome?
We're flexible with number of days, but don't want it to be too long and exhausting to for the parents. With that in mind, should we rent a car in Italy for the day trips, I'm not sure of public buses/trains for day trips to small towns in Tuscany. Also everyone's first time in Switzerland and Italy.
Once we nail down the itinerary, i'll post another thread to get suggestions on things to do
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna