My wife and I booked a last minute trip to the Dolomites and will be in the area for 10 days in mid-July. Looking for advice on where to stay for those 10 days and our initial thinking was to do 5 nights in Ortisei and 5 nights in La Villa. We love the outdoors and we were mainly looking to spend the days hiking and enjoying a good meal or three. Our plan was to mainly take public transportation and be without a car.
Any advice as to whether these two towns will be a good base for our 10 days (i.e. distinct enough that things won't feel redundant, a good amount of time in each location)?
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800:681:7208 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 4 Wierd Europe map
- 5 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 6 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 9 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 11 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 12 Transportation in Brittany
- 13 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 14 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 18 Milan airport--which one
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 family trip to Germany and more