I am researching a 10 day trip to Scotland starting July 5th next summer for our family; 2 adults, 2 teenagers and a 7 yr old boy. I think I have a rough idea of what we want to do, but just thought I would ask if our trip makes sense to those who know Scotland. We don't want to spend hours and hours of driving so I didn't include far north or west in my itinerary as 10 days isn't too long (we will have just come from 7 days in the Netherlands):
Itinerary so far:
Edinburgh 3 nights to see the castle, Arthur's Seat, and Britannia... and explore
East Neuk to see the fishing villages and on to St. Andrew's to stay 1 night
Glamis Castle the next day and carry on to stay in Pitlochry for 1 night (ideas: hike some or all of Ben Vrackie, visit a distillery, maybe Blair castle)
Fort William next as we are interested in the Jacobite train day trip, 2 nights
Loch Lomond for one night (ideas: boat tour, Balloch Castle Country park, Loch Lomond Shores) x 1
Final night in Stirling to explore (maybe Stirling castle, or Drummond Castle gardens), and drive to Glasgow airport to return to Canada the following day.
I know it is only a part of Scotland, but we were hoping to at least see some beautiful scenery & comfortable hikes, a loch tour, some quaint fishing villages (maybe a walk on the beach), some castles, at least one whisky distillery for my husband, and of course Edinburgh City.
If anyone has any comments about this itinerary (being realistic, or capturing Scotland etc.) I would really welcome them. Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 Where to stay in Naples?
- 4 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 5 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 6 My France Vacation
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 9 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 10 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 11 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 12 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 13 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 17 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 20 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 21 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 22 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 23 Best Greek Island
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands