So we fly to Iceland in August for about 10 days, 1.5 days in Rejkavik, then we want to drive around the Ring Road in 7 days/ 6nights. There are so many suggestions as to where to go and where to stay my brain is sore!!. Really as the only driver I don't want to be driving more than 350km a day so was thinking of the following and want some comments:
Day 1 Arrive Rejavik at 4pm - Overnight
Day 2 Rejavik Overnight
Day 3 Pickup up car head towards Sandarkrokur for overnight stop
Day 4 Head on towards Husavik for overnight
Day 5 Husavik to Seyoisfjordour for overnight
Day 6 Seyoisfjordour to Hofn for overnight
Day 7 Hofn to Vik for overnight
Day 8 Vik to Selfoss overnight
Day 9 Selfoss via Gulfoss Geysir & Pingvellir to Rejavik overnight
Day 10 Fly out at 7.20am.
Not sure about whether to go direct from Vik to Rejavik rather than stopping over at Selfoss, could do another night somewhere further back...any recommendations?
Also is it better to go clockwise or anticlockwise??
We are looking to do a Cave trip, Short Glacier Walk, whale watching & possibly horseback ride along the way...reckon we can fit all that in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 2 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 3 Has anyone used Gemut.com for car rental?
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 8 Which Area in London?
- 9 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 13 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 14 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 18 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 19 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 21 Transportation in Brittany
- 22 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 Trains - website?
- 24 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 25 First time in Normandy & Brittany