My husband and I (30 and 29) are planning a trip to Greece this summer for my 30th birthday (shh it's actually my 29th birthday for the second time ) Anyways we want to go in July and will have 8-9 days to work with. We heard Santorini is a must and heard Crete and Athens are worth it to but what are the biggest tourist attractions in each of these places? I'm guessing Athens is all historical, and as this is a birthday trip I would like some of it to be leisure vs just all touring... I also read the book the Island by Victoria Hislop so would like to visit Spinalonga if possible...
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 2 Scotland ideas
- 3 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 4 The World's Greatest Churches
- 5 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 Tips for first trip to UK
- 8 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 Where to buy Saffron?
- 11 land vs river cruise
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 14 Portugal
- 15 Paris November 2017
- 16 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 17 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 paris to london- day trip
- 20 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 21 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 22 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 23 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 24 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 25 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate