Caprice Hotel Wengen

Search

Caprice Hotel Wengen

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caprice Hotel Wengen

I've just booked a room at the Caprice for our trip in late June based on reviews here on the Fodors talk forum and on trip advisor. I'm curious to to why there's not a review of this hotel on the "Hotels" section of Fodors website or travel book. For that matter, it's not listed in any travel book that I've come across. It
certainly seems to qualify as an exceptional property. Are there any reasons why it might not be up to the standards of travel publications like Fodors or Frommer's guides?
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 08:57 AM

I was just thinking of booking there myself after many posts on it....certainly something to think about. I got a book yesterday, it is not listed, only the Regina and Belvedere. We are going there the last week in June also. I personally have thought this the hardest of my trips to put together. But everyones says it will be worth it, I hope so I have spent hours....
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 09:00 AM

there are 43 reviews of the hotel on TripAdvisor, perhaps they are so wonderful they don't need to be in the books. I would not worry, everything I read on the this sounds favorable.
Old Apr 21st, 2007, 09:00 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There's another extensive thread going now on Wengen hotels, that might help you.
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:23 AM

We have booked for mid september...please let us know how you like it and wengen ...please!!
Old May 25th, 2009, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"there are 43 reviews of the hotel on TripAdvisor," - you should treat TA reviews with caution. I stayed at a glowingly reviewed riad in Marrakesh last year that did NOT live up to its hype. Many of those reviews were from people who only reviewed that one hotel... Make sure you read the bad reviews as well as the good.
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:32 AM

My experience is usually the opposite...I get scared off by some of the bad reviews but if its a reputable hotel and you do your homework,,they usally are much better then the grumps that write about them...I have many interactions with this hotel and everyone seems very charming. I await your review after June..please