I have been a quietly enjoying travel discussions on this forum for some time now, and have been very impressed with everyone's knowledge and willingness to help out with any travel questions. I just booked plane tickets to Brussels (Yay!) for July 2012. I am planning to spend 10 nights in Belgium and western Germany - unless I get a better suggestion on what else can be done.
We are flying to Brussels from California. We get there on Thursday around 11 am. I haven't figured out where to go from the airport. Starting Saturday, I have booked an apartment in Gemund, Germany through RCI for 7 nights. I don't have to use all 7 nights and I am flexible if spending an extra night in Belgium works better. The following Saturday, we have a morning flight to catch from Brussels.
We are definitely going to rent a car before to head to Germany. I don't know if I need the car when we land in Brussels.
We are a family of four with two kids (ages 2.5 and 6.5). We will definitely need to pick kid friendly places/activities and don't think we will be doing museums or fancy dinners. We are not trying to squeeze too many places into this trip but then don't want it to be boring either.
Please help me figure out where to go and what to do. Where should we start our trip? Would you suggest going to Bruges directly from Brussels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार XEROX PRINTER 1800:681 :7208 CONTACT XEROX Techh care S/P
- 2 YAHOO EMAIL 1~888~260:2909 Password Reset Contact YAHOO Now Tec*h CALL 24*7
- 3 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 4 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 5 Sleep at Heathrow
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 8 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 9 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 10 2 week May trip with kids
- 11 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 12 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 13 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 14 Rail vs. Plane
- 15 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 16 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 17 Paris November 2017
- 18 Self Drive UK tour
- 19 Where to See Flamenco
- 20 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 23 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 24 Airport Transfer
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more