My friends and I are flying from Toronto to the UK to attend a wedding in Dundee, north of Edinburgh in the beginning of May. We were thinking of flying into London or Birmingham, and then driving to Bristol to visit friends for 2 nights.
From Bristol, we would road trip up to Edinburgh for the wedding, and then fly home from Glasgow. Hoping you guys can provide me with some tips, including best places to stay, must-visit attractions, etc.:
1. Can we get a one-way car hire from London/Birmingham airport and then drop off in Glasgow? If so, which company has the most cost-efficient (ie. cheap) service? Do we need to get a separate insurance?
2. As it stands, here is our schedule. Please provide feedback if possible
Saturday-Sunday: Fly into London/Birmingham, drive to Bristol. Visit Bristol/Bath - anywhere else in the area worth seeing?
Monday-Wednesday: Drive to Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester, Liverpool, Blackpool - where is the cheapest/most charming area to stay? I'm assuming Manchester is pretty expensive.. is it better to stay at a B&B in Stoke, and do day trips to Manchester/Liverpool?
Thursday-Saturday: Drive to Edinburgh. Visit Edinburgh - anywhere else worth visiting?
Saturday-Sunday: Drive to Dundee. Wedding.
Sunday: Drive to Glasgow.
Monday: Fly home.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1888 : 279 : O246 installations CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 3 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 8 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 11 tinnitus
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 14 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 15 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 London vacation rental agency
- 19 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 20 Scotland ideas
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 25 Trans Siberian Train