I'm planning my first trip to Spain this summer. I've been told that due to the heat etc I'd be best going to Northern Spain at this time of year and then to somewhere like Sevilla later in the autumn.
From my nearest airport I can get flights into/out of Bilbao, Santander, Santiago, Bacra, Girona, Reus & Madrid.
In terms of interests, I like food, most outdoor (non water based) activitites, old architecture, people watching, wandering around old towns/villages and wine - although I'm no expert! I would like to avoid most overcrowded tourist traps - unless there is something that is a must to see/do in the region.
For Northern Spain would I be best stayign inland slightly and also what is public travel like in this region?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 2 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 3 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 4 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 5 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 6 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 7 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 8 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 9 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Greatest place for dreaming
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Internet Cafe in Rome, Florence, and Venice
- 14 Best way to get mobile internet in Spain?
- 15 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 16 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 17 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 18 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 19 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 20 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 21 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 22 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 23 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 24 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 25 Help me pick a destination --- Please!