My friend and I are doing a 10-day road trip starting on May 28th from Munich. We plan to drive south through Innsbruck in Austria into the Dolomites on our way to Venice. Then we want to head west towards Lake Gorda, go north around the lake and then south towards Milan. From there we plan to head to Lake Como, Lucerne, Zurich and back to Munich by June 6th. We love non-touristy little towns, local culture, scenic drives, good food, wine, music and fun, interesting places. Any suggestions for interesting detours, towns to visit, and places to see would be welcome. We are not booking any hotels and want to spend the night wherever it "feels right". However, we would prefer to stay in nice and comfortable B-n-B's and smaller, quaint hotels and not large luxury chains. Thanks for providing any guidance on this aspect of our travel also.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WINDSTREAM 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 The World's Greatest Churches
- 6 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 7 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 8 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 9 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 10 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 11 Malaga Christmas lights
- 12 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 13 Trans Siberian Train
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Scotland ideas
- 16 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 17 London vacation rental agency
- 18 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 19 South of France
- 20 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 21 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 22 My France Vacation
- 23 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 24 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 25 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
10-Day Road Trip From Germany Through Austria, Italy & Switzerland