Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > 10 Day hike in Jungfrau region Sept 2012, Schynige Platte-Wilderswil
Notices

10 Day hike in Jungfrau region Sept 2012, Schynige Platte-Wilderswil

Jan 19th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Original Poster

10 Day hike in Jungfrau region Sept 2012, Schynige Platte-Wilderswil

I am planning a 10 day hiking tour of the Jungfrau Region in September 2012 from Schynige Platte to Wilderswil which will cover over 100k. Looking for comments from others who may have treked this path before about places to stay along the way, what to expect, things I should not miss, etc. I was in the Lauterbrunnen Valley in April 2011 and it became my favorite place on earth. I now want to experience it up close and personal for an extended period of time.
Jan 20th, 2012, 01:15 AM

"others who may have treked this path before"

Which path? There are literally dozens of options to do a trek from Schynige Platte to Wilderswil. Could you elaborate on which places/huts you'll hit?
Jan 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM

Yes, in addition to Ingo's comment, if this is your plan, then Bern would not be the best base for you (reference to your other thread). Or would the visit to Bern be a separate part of your trip?
Jan 15th, 2013, 07:04 AM

Did you ever take this trip? Am planning something similar for Sept 2013. Would be interested in route comments and accomodation (dortoir) details.

Search this Thread