I will be staying in Lisbon from July 22 - July 28. I've never been to Portugal and will be traveling by myself for the first time (a bit nervous, but excited).
I wanted to do a few day trips from Lisbon. I love, love beautiful beaches that are great for swimming, any outdoor activities (hiking, biking, etc.), walking around different, unique towns. The palaces look cool (ie, Pena Palace) but I'm not into museums. Love to try new food and cook - a cooking class would be awesome.
I live in NYC so I when I travel I like to see cities that do NOT remind me of NYC.
A few questions:
1. What day trips are feasible from Lisbon? Is Porto doable? Keep in mind, I have a high tolerance for long days and travel (ie, a 3 hr train ride super early and late for a day trip is okay -- I just want to make sure I'll be able to see a decent amount of the city).
2. What are some cool cities I should check out?
3. What are the best beaches for swimming?
4. Any good restaurant recommendations?
5. Any tour recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna