Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   1 week 1 hour and 1 minute (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/1-week-1-hour-and-1-minute-183690/)

Art Aug 31st, 2001 04:58 PM

1 week 1 hour and 1 minute

Thats how much time until I depart on my trip. I AM NOT ADDICTED TO THIS SITE. <BR>Regards, <BR>Art <BR>

Linda Aug 31st, 2001 05:04 PM

Lucky Art! Yeah, and which other ones of us aren't adicted to this site? That's like the alcoholic who says he's not one because he only drinks beer! Come on, tell the truth! :)

Linda Aug 31st, 2001 05:07 PM

Oh, yes, and 9 weeks from this minute I'll be somewhere over the Atlantic on my way to Spain! I'm still jealous, Art.

StCirq Aug 31st, 2001 05:12 PM

And 10 weeks and 2 days from now I'll be over the Atlantic on my way to Paris, the Dordogne, Provence, and Morocco. But I'm not addicted, either. And I think I can handle knowing that someone else is leaving sooner...I THINK! No promises.

Book Chick Aug 31st, 2001 05:26 PM

Six weeks & four days..(zero hours added on) til I am bound for Paris. <BR> <BR>But like you, Art, I can quit any time I want to, really... <BR>BC

Betsy Aug 31st, 2001 08:12 PM

In exactly one month, 12 hours and 20 minutes I'll be winging my way to Paris and then to Italy for five weeks. Unh-huh, I'm not addicted either. So why are we all sitting at our computers on a Saturday night instead of being out and among 'em? :-)

Patti Suttle Aug 31st, 2001 11:43 PM

OK you guys-I really am happy for you! <BR>But you must promise to give us trip reports!!! <BR>(I can get past the jealousy-since I am buying a new car this weekend!) :) <BR> <BR>Really, have great trips everyone! <BR>Patti

Beth Anderson Sep 1st, 2001 03:08 AM

9 hours and 5 days, I will be on a plane departing for France. <BR> <BR>woohooo!

s.fowler Sep 1st, 2001 03:20 AM

Well I SHOULD be staggering around Paris thoroughly jet-lagged at this very moment -- but I'm not:( So I will live through your trip reports and pictures until the next time:)

sandyc Sep 1st, 2001 03:23 AM

well, 40 days and 18 1/2 hours and counting down. will be in london then in paris a week later. although i lurk most of the time. <BR> <BR>does anyone else have this set as their home page on their work computer? <BR> <BR>sandy c <BR>north carolina

Janine Sep 1st, 2001 03:44 AM

Four weeks and six days for me! <BR>Not Addicted? Let's see how close to departure your last post is!!

Anna Sep 1st, 2001 06:16 AM

13 days till I leave for my trip to Germany and Austria.

Art Sep 1st, 2001 07:14 AM

Sandyc, YOU WIN for being the most adicted. Having fodors set as your home page, now really!!! <BR>I'm traveling light this time, only taking 2 steamer trunks. <BR>Cheers, <BR>Art <BR>

Linda Sep 1st, 2001 09:27 AM

Sandyc, I agree with Art. You ARE the most addicted! I thought I was bad. I check my home page for news on what's happening in the world, then check my e-mail, before heading directly to Fodors. But I'm about to go into serious withdrawal. School starts on Tuesday and, with seven classes a week and commuting to and from, I'm going to have to seriously curtail my time here. Or maybe I'll just give up sleep. Yeah, that's it. Sleep will have to GO! But I'm not addicted either! Like Book Chick, I can quit ANY time!

Kavey Sep 2nd, 2001 07:58 AM

It's my home page at home, but not at work only because they have somehow installed IE on my PC with the option to set a home page greyed out... <BR> <BR>They must have seen me coming. <BR> <BR>I used to pretend I wasnt addicted a few years back... no I just smile and nod and 'fess up. <BR> <BR>Art, have a wonderful time... <BR> <BR>Wooo Hooooooooooooooooo!

aja Sep 2nd, 2001 08:07 AM

One week from now and my mother and I will have just landed at Heathrow for our first visit to London. My addiction just started in May ! ! ! How long will this last ?!?!?

alea Sep 2nd, 2001 09:36 AM

31 days until I fly to Italy....first trip to Europe and I'll be in Italy, France, Monaco, Spain, and Germany (because I'm going via Frankfurt.) It's hell trying to learn a little of each language, but I'm determined! <BR>I can't tell you how much I've learned from this site....I am addicted....I admit it. There are worse addictions. <BR>I just wish there was a way to pull up the most recent posts, instead of having to read through them all for new ones. Is there a way? On cruisecritic.com, you click on "new posts" and it pulls up all the new ones since you were last on the site. If there's a way to do that on this forum, I'd really appreciate the information. <BR>Ciao!

Annette Sep 2nd, 2001 01:44 PM

Art, I look forward to hearing about your travels in Poland and the land of Vlad Dracula (you did mention Romania once?) along with your top-off at Octoberfest. <BR> <BR>11 days until I depart for my bike trip in the Netherlands. I've been working up my saddle time and although I'm no Lance Armstrong I think I'm ready for 58 km a day on flat as a pancake terrain. To avoid the post-trip-blues I'm already planning two future trips: 2 weeks in London area in February and 2 weeks Europe bound next fall. Although undecided for Fall 2002, I'm presently leaning toward Andalusia. However, have been known to change my mind :&gt;). <BR> <BR>Linda, I'll soon be back to school and around here less, too. After my bike trip when I go back to substitute teaching elementary & middle school in October I'll have a lOT less time to feed my travel board addiction. Yes, I view it as thus, but relatively harmless as far as I can tell! <BR> <BR>Alea, I don't believe there is a way to prioritize posts by time at this site. <BR> <BR>

Helen Sep 3rd, 2001 09:57 PM

Four weeks and a couple of hours, and I will be on the plane to Rome, Assisi, Venice and Provence - via Dubai - first time I'll get there because we fly United Emirates, but looking forward to that as well - the more new places and cultures, the better! <BR> <BR>Everyone - enjoy!! I AM ADDICTED TO THIS SITE - at least it's not FATTENING!

nancy Sep 4th, 2001 03:01 AM

well Art, <BR>Now you have only 3 days, 14 hrs, and 58 mins ( at EST) <BR>I send my best wishes, again, for a great trip. <BR>and also to all the others, traveling so soon.