I am in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Europe, specifically in September for 1 month.
My friend and I have an itinerary started but are having trouble deciding if it is packing too many places in. We want to enjoy ourselves, but also try and see a good amount without getting exhausted or overwhelmed.
We are planning to purchase open jaw tickets to cut down on travel time. We are planning on flying into Amsterdam and departing out of Rome. As of right now we are only purchasing a pass from the Eurail and then local buss or train passes.
Thus far, the itinerary looks like this;
Alternatively, we would skip Budapest to give us extra time in each place, but both of us are really interested in visiting this beautiful city.
We considered going to Munich after Prague and cutting out both Vienna and Budapest, but we seem to be more interested in those places rather then Munich. We are also open to changing our plans, say we meet new friends and decide to take a detour to a different city. This is just a rough outline. As long as we make it to Rome by our departure date, we will be happy!
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 3 Transportation in Brittany
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 8 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Trains - website?
- 12 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 13 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 14 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 15 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 16 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 17 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 18 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 19 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 20 Paris Apartment
- 21 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 22 Milan airport--which one
- 23 Which Area in London?
- 24 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 25 Visit to France