Best route Heathrow to Margate

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, Hoping some of the anglophiles are around. I will be in England June 2018. Working on the skeleton of the trip then will fill in details. I will be on a bus trip initially then dropped off back at Heathrow June 7. I fly out of Gatwick June 12. I don't want to rent a car at Heathrow, mainly I don't want to drive out of Heathrow. Plan A was take a bus to Gatwick and rent car from there but now I am wondering about underground Heathrow to St Pancras, high speed train to Ashford and then pick up rental car. There will be a drop off fee but will shorten my driving time a lot on the 12th. I am thinking of staying the nights of Jun 7 and 8 in the Margate/Broadstairs area. Wondered if anyone had an opinion one way or the other? Thanks K
Old Dec 10th, 2017, 10:16 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
First of all- driving out of LHR isn't difficult. But - if you really REALLY don't want to, I'd take the express coach to LGW and get your car there. In about the time you'd be getting to st pancras you'd be at gatwick and on your way.