So before I head to London in October, I'm thinking of visiting Edinburgh. I have 4 nights before I take the train to London.
I heard so many wonderful things about Edinburgh so I want to spend most of my time there with only 1 day trip. So which of these do you recommend:
1- Glasgow on my own, how walkable is it? I really prefer to walk and not take a taxi or bus unless necessary.
2- St. Andrews on my own, or St. Andrews and fishing villages with tour company.
3- Day trip with touring company to highland. I've heard good things of Rabbies, but which Highland tour. They have several.
If I have to choose just one which would it be. I'm not sure I will return to Scotland anytime soon so I'd like to see some of the quintessential Scotland.
Generally not looking to visit castles or cathedrals beyond Edinburgh.
Thanks a lot for your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Portugal
- 5 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 6 Where to stay in Naples?
- 7 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 10 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 11 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 12 Browsing Barcelona
- 13 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Croatia in mid/late October
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona
1 Day trip from Edinburgh in October, which of these choices?