Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

1/2 price tickets for "Phantom" in London?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 1999, 09:58 AM
Kristin

I read often of the half-price tickets one can get on the day of performance in London. Is it very likely that on any given day there would be available half-price tickets for Phantom of the Opera? Or should I just order ahead to be sure to get in? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 1999, 03:43 PM
Donna

You might get lucky with half-price tickets. Depends - on day of week, time of show, season, what tour groups happen to be going...For good seats, and tickets the day and time of your choice, it's best to purchase them ahead of time.

Old Mar 6th, 1999, 04:31 PM
Kristin

I was thinking of the Wed. or Sat. matinee in late May. Any thoughts on that? <BR>

Old Mar 8th, 1999, 04:56 PM
karen

I saw Phantom last year in London. If you show up at "Her Majesty's Theatre" on the day you're interested (I suggest you try weekday tickets) around 1 to 2 pm you are basically guaranteed tickets. The show doesn't start till about 4:30 to 5pm , so it's a long wait, but it goes by fast. I went with 5 other friends and we all got tickets; they were fantastic seats too. The cost was around 27 pounds and worth every penny!! The earlier you get there the better your seat choice. When you are standing outside, they will take your name, ask you what sort of seats you are looking for, tell you the cost etc. So if you are the first in line, you'll get first choice at all the seats. Good Luck!

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 01:58 PM
Kristin Lucas

I appreciate all your help. Finally decided to not take a chance on getting what we want from the half-price booth or standing in line for late tickets made available at the last minute. Called London this a.m. and got the least expensive seats with a very small service charge directly from the theater. Seemed like the best way to go! <BR>