1/2 price ticket booth -- London??

Aug 6th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Hope

1/2 price ticket booth -- London??

I have read bits about this here & there -- can someone tell me exactly where this is located?? I know there is just one authentic place to shop & other "imposters". Is it clearly marked??

Also, for those of you with experience -- what do you think our chances would be for getting Les Mis tickets at this booth? (This would be next April).

Thanks

Aug 6th, 2001, 10:18 AM
james

The booth is in Leicester Square. I'm not sure you would have much of a chance for Les Mis tickets, but there are always lots of other wonderful shows to try!!

Aug 6th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Jane

Hope-
We were able to get very cheap last minute tickets to Les Mis on the day of the show. We went to the theater and bought leftover/cancelled tickets. We were in a group of 4 and had to split up (2 and 2) but the seats were great. Sorry- I can't remember if there was a certain time we had to be at the theater to get the tickets; others may be able to help you with this.

We also got tickets to Miss Saigon this way but had "obstructed view" seating.

Aug 6th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Petes

HELLO!

My friend and I have just returned from London. Anyone interested in getting tickets to the sold out for three months Lion King read on. Go to the theatre about two hours before showtime. You wait in this line and about 30minutes before show time the management releases a good number of tickets that weren't picked up our that companies haven't used. They are great tickets and the show is definitely worth the wait!

Aug 6th, 2001, 11:44 AM
janis

The 1/2 price booth is a stand-alone kiosk on the south side (nearest trafalgar Square) of Leicester Sq. As you come out of the Leicester Sq. exit of the tube station turn right and then left when you are in the square. You can't miss it.

But on the way you will pass several "1/2 price" ticket agents - these are ticket brokers with marked up tickets - don't stop at any of them (they will have lines but ignore them)

As for Le Miz - none of the Cameron Mackintosh biggies are offered at the 1/2 price booth - even when they have tix available.

So if that is the show you want to see follow Jane's advice. But any given day there will be between 20 and 35 plays/misicals available at the booth.

Aug 6th, 2001, 01:27 PM
sonney

Another way to obtain tickets is when you are at the Theatre and you ask if they have two tickets the reply may be "No sold out" but then I ask if they have "two singles". Bingo, it worked for us twice in March. Saw Les Miz and Mamma Mia this way.

Aug 7th, 2001, 09:33 AM
David White

Hope,

you can find out more about the official half-priced ticket booth at:

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/

That's the Society of London Theatre's website...filled with good info on London theater.

Dave White
http://www.KidsToLondon.com
[email protected]