from London to Harwhich International

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I get from London to Harwhich International? I�m comfused about the two train companies that travel there. Also how far is Dover Priory from the Dover cruise terminal?
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:39 PM

If you are talking about traveling to the Port of Harwich to board a cruise ship, you can board a train at Victoria Station that takes you right to the terminal. Its about a 2 hour ride through the countryside .. a very pleasant trip. I don't remember the cost but it wasn't exorbitant. <BR><BR>We took it, left London about 9 or 9:30 am, unloaded at Harwich and went straight to the check-in line. Very simple and easy. <BR><BR>I have no knowledge of Dover -- sorry. <BR>
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:32 PM
Original Poster

thanks. Do you know what train company it was?
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:48 PM

Actually, I don't know the name of the railway company. I suppose all the trains in Victoria Station are British Railways or something like that. We just taxied there from our hotel, located a ticket window and bought our tickets. (We knew what time our train would leave, so we made sure the tickets were for that one.)<BR><BR>The Harwich train definitely wasn't a private line or exotic in any way. I don't recall whether it had different classes of seating since for a 2 hour ride, it didn't seem important.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:27 PM

The station is not Victoria...don't remember name, but in the &quot;City&quot;.<BR><BR>Southhampton is through Victoria.<BR><BR>Use goodle, and search for boat train+uk<BR>
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:03 PM
Lew

Great Eastern Railways operates services from Harwich Town, Dovercourt and Harwich International stations to London Liverpool Street and intermediate stations, and to Ipswich. <BR><BR>Additionally, Anglia Railways operates the fast Boat Train service between Harwich International and London Liverpool Street. <BR>
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:27 PM

Lew, thanks for providing the correct name -- I had completely forgotten it was the Liverpool station.