Women's Formal Wear

Feb 8th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Hope

Women's Formal Wear

I will be sailing to Bermuda on Celebrity's Horizon in June. I have bought a long dress for formal night and am wondering if that will be too much? I know there is a little bit of everything, but do women really dress up on these two nights? My husband, who is not looking forward to formal night like I am, will be in a dark suit. Since I never have an opportunity to wear a long gown I thought it would be fun. I'm tired of the "little black cocktail dress" and wanted something different. Now I'm not so sure. I don't want to overdo it.

Feb 8th, 2002, 07:48 AM
deb

Hope,

You will see everything from Sunday best to sequins, long and short. I haven't sailed on Celebrity, but on Princess there were a lot of long gowns. You will be one of the best dressed on board. As my husband says, "All the men look the same. It's the women who shine." Go for it!

Feb 8th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Cheryl Z.

You'll be fine! We were on a RCCL cruise 3 weeks ago, and women wore everything from cocktail dresses to really fancy ball gowns, few men in tuxes, most men in dark suits. (my husband wore black suit).
I have to agree with Deb - go for it!

Feb 8th, 2002, 04:55 PM
sparks

I also agree.We took our first cruise last October on Celebrity & I was so worried about how appropriate my dress would be. I found out that there would be a mix of everything.My husband & I had a ball dressing really fancy, but out of our table of 8, we were the only ones dressed that fancy. I didn't mind, there were plenty of others at dinner who were. Just think of all that shopping to find the right dress!

Feb 8th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Catherine

The first of the formal nights is the fanciest. Generally the man is either in a dark suit or tux and the women in long or cocktail dresses. We were on the Mercury and Zenith and I noticed the Zenith was fancier dress. I think because it was Bermuda vs Alaska.

Feb 8th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Paul Therault

Hey, wadayumean the men don't stand out?

Paul

Feb 13th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Ginger

A man in a tux with a great haircut-- YUMMY !!!

Feb 13th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Ron

It is indeed refreshing to see people "dressed up"--especially the ladies.I think we all feel better when we get dressed up.
Paul, glad to see you survived the pounding you have taken the last day or so.(Lol)

Feb 13th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Paul Therault

Thanks Ron, I find it all rather amusing.

But now I have to take better care grooming my hair.

Paul

Search this Thread