Reload this Page >

Which is the best cruise over 40 no kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 11:23 AM
Innesha

My husband and I would like to take a cruise over Thanksgiving or Christmas. Neither one of us has cruised before. We are interested in a cruise that is for adults 40 + (no kids) and would like a short cruise 7 days or less. Any suggestions you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:37 PM
Andy

Best cruise=NOT a large ship,but 4 Masted sailing yacht: WINDSURF.<BR>No kids, ( at least not any small ones-just a few 18-20 somethings with their parents). KIds would be bored on this ship as there is no KIDS PROGRAM....<BR><BR>you are the pefect age for this cruise- plus it is casual elegant as far as dress goes--<BR><BR>Thanksgiving -April ,the itinrary is Caribbean==

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 06:36 AM
Cruiser

If you plan to cruise THIS Thanksgiving or Christmas, you had better get moving. Those dates fill up fast.<BR> I agree, a Caribbean cruise itinerary, especially since you only want a short cruise.<BR> Good Luck!!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Peter

Celebrity has what they call &quot;escape&quot; cruises which are adults only. See their website for specifics.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:20 PM
Starfish

Thanksgiving and Christmas are loaded with kids on most cruise lines.<BR><BR>I believe Celebrity has a New Years cruise next year that is adult only. <BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Sandra

Not too many kids on Star Clippers, either. My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Star Flyer in 1993. It was our first cruise and magical. It's a true sailing ship, but NOT a Windjammer. You'll meet some nice people. We prefer the Star Clipper, but the Royal Clipper is doing a wonderful itinerary out of St. Martin. Check it out: www.starclippers.com

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 05:03 PM
sandy

May I recommend Radisson Seven Seas Cruises? They don't have any cavins that will accommodate a family of four, and the triples are very limited. All their ships, with the exception of Song of Flower, are doing Holiday Cruises. But the most romantic ship for a first cruise would be the Paul Gauguin in Tahiti. Absolutely gorgeous.<BR>

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Innesha

Thank you for the suggestions...I'm going to check out the web sites.