Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

What's the cover charge for the Chops Grille and Portofino on Brilliance of the Seas?

Search

What's the cover charge for the Chops Grille and Portofino on Brilliance of the Seas?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Joe

How much is the cover charge for these restaurants on Brilliance of the Seas? Are there other similar charges?

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Parrot Mom

Hi..going on it on the 8th..have heard it is $20.00 per person.. which I think is outrageous..but $10.00 for lunch.. Also heard that the first night they offer the two at cut rate price.. Will let you know if it's worth it..if we try it.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Theresa

As of last month on the Radiance - <BR><BR>$20 for dinner<BR>$10 for lunch (different menu)<BR><BR>We tried to get it cheaper the first day and it didn't work for us. I hear it has worked for others.

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Parrot Mom

How did people get it for less money, do you know? I had heard they went around at the cafe during lunch. Oh yes.. on boarding is there a sit down lunch?

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 05:19 AM
Cruise

I think that's ridiculous that they charge for those two restaurants. Are these the only two that charge? I'm going on the Voyager in October, so I wanted to find out.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 04:04 PM
Theresa

People can supposedly get in for less money on the first night because most go to the dining room the first night and alternative restaurants aren't as busy - thus they are willing to let people in for half price to fill the place the first night. On our sailing, they were not willing to do that.<BR><BR>On Voyager - there is a charge for drinks/milkshakes at Johnny Rockets (drinks are always extra, and the Italian Restaurant (Portofinos). Voyager doesn't have a steak restaurant. Radiance didn't have Johnny Rockets.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:29 PM
cruise

While I was on RC's website looking at the info. about the Voyager, it lists the Chops Grille and Portofino as restaurants on it?? I take it you've been on the Voyager? Is it as great as everyone says it is? I would appreciate any input.