Reload this Page >

What are the must see on Alaska cruise?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 10:22 AM
Jenny

I can't decide which cruise to take....what are the 'must see' parts of the cruise...Glacier Bay? Lynn Canal? College Fjords? Sawyer Glacier? etc etc <BR> <BR>Thank you!

Old Apr 30th, 2001, 02:04 PM
Gail

Glacier Bay is INCREDIBLE. Not too many ships are going there these days. To really see Alaska, you have to take shore excursions. We took a fantastic flight and float excursion with RCCL. Flew through Glacier Park choreographed to music. Most of us were moved to tears. Then rafted back to the ship. Wonderful day!!

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 12:26 PM
Lydia

My husband and I have cruised to Alaska three times. We really like the cheaper shore excursions mainly because if we would have taken the more expensive ones and they weren't as good as they sounded, we wouldn't feel that we lost too much. <BR>Anyway, we loved Skagway by Streetcar. <BR>It shows you the town and goes out to the cemetery where Soapy Smith is buried. The guides make it a lot of fun. In Ketchikan, on our own,we visited Dolly's House and took a walking tour. In Juneau, we liked the Gasteneau Hatchery and the Wildlife Cruise and on your own you've got to go into the Red Dog Saloon and see Wyatt Earp's pistol hanging on the wall. He checked it in and never checked it out.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:45 PM
PAM

We did a cruise/shore trip to Alaska. We were able to stay 2 nights at Mt. McKinley lodge. There is an excursion in a 5-seater small plane to the base camp of the Mt. McKinley climbers. What a view! Makes you feel like you are standing on top of the world! Try it.

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 01:58 PM
neviboy

Our Celebrity cruise on the inland passage was excellent. In Juneau I took the helicopter ride to the glacier.In Skagway WE took the train ride and partied at the Red Dog. In Katchekan, I took the seaplane ride, and "she who must be obeyed" bought a cast iron totem pole and shipped it home air express. (Forgive my Monty Python humour) A great week. <BR>neviboy

Old Aug 1st, 2001, 10:52 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Jenny, <BR> <BR>If you get a chance to stay overnight in Seward take the 6 hour Kenai Fiords boat trip. It is spectacular. Calving of glaciers, whales, wildlife. <BR> <BR>Paul