Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

RC Liberty of the Seas and Brilliance of the Seas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help, please from anyone who has been on either of these ships: Liberty of the Seas (5 star) or Brilliance of the Seas (4&1/2 star).

I kind of favor the five star Liberty, the bigger ship - sailed on Crown Princess four years ago and loved it. However, it goes earlier in April, so weather might be iffy. One ends in Lisbon. The other stops there. I might disembark there anyway and tour a few days rather than going on to Cadiz and Barcelona (been before).

Hadn't planned on a cruise this Spring because there are so many places like Provence that I want to go and just be in one spot and do day trips. However, repositioning cruises have dropped so much in price, I may not want to pass it up, and luckily, so far this year, no family or health problems so we could do it.

What is the real difference between 4&1/2 stars and 5 stars?

Thanks to anyone with any thoughts or opinions on these ships or RC in general
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM

Hi Sass. Haven't been on the Liberty but one of my co-workers was and was blown away by this ship. So were we, sort of. We saw her in port last Oct. and were very impressed by her size and looks. Sue was so impressed she said she wanted to sail on her one day. We did sail the AOS which is the previous generation or class b4 the Freedom class which of course included the Liberty and we were wowed by it so I imagine the Liberty will make quite an impression.

A friend of mine was on the Brilliance and said it was OK but wasn't blown away.

Larry
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Original Poster

Hey Larry,
Forgot to thank you. What a bargain it would be - $399 - fun too. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to pass on it after all and hope the opportunity comes around again. Hi to Sue.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:42 AM

Will do. Say hello your hubby for us too.
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 08:02 AM

I'll have you know that I have actually been on the Liberty of the Seas as thoroughly enjoyed it. The crew were actually very friendly and made me feel like I was a member of Royalty. It was a great experience, and one that I would love to try again. The only trouble is the actual cost to cruise. I booked last time with an agent who promised me free gifts and I never received them so will NOT be using them again. Has anybody used these before, prices seem a bit too good to be true http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-holid...the-seas-2014/ This is the website in question. I await your swift reply. Ace
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Original Poster

Ace, Besides directly with cruise lines, I've booked only with www.vacationstogo.com and prices were exactly as quoted.

Even though the price was ridiculously low, I asked for "something" just anything to feel there was some little benefit from booking with them for a third time. They offered a tiny discount (like $25.00) on something - didn't get it - didn't really matter. Check them out.

Liberty does sound wonderful. I'm sorry it didn't work out for us and now the trip we had planned may not work either - should have taken the cruise when we had the opportunity. Remaining hopeful for something else to turn up.