Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

web site that lists all Alaskan cruise options?

Nov 5th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Karen

I am interested in going on an Alaskan cruise. I know I can go to each operator's web site and look about, but I would like to find one location to look at all available options.

Thanks in advance.

Karen

Nov 5th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Anthony

travelocity.com has a good site for cruises - and good links for viewing pics of individual ships, deck plans, and even 360 all around pics!

Nov 5th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Karen

Thanks

Nov 5th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Karen

Anthony, the site is fantastic. Love the compare cruise feature. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Nov 5th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Anthony

Karen:
Glad you found the site useful. If you are interested in online ship reviews and trip reports, I would recommend the following:

www.cruisecritic.com
www.cruise-addicts.com

The bulletinboards on cruisecritic are much better than fodors cruise section. I also have found that after reading several trip reports, you can gather alot of helpful hints.

The most helpful advice I can give you at the start of your research is to save those frequent flyer miles, or credit card bonus program points! Airfare can be pricey for an Alaskan cruise; we saved alot of money by using frequent flyer miles. The good part about using them is that even if you are planning a one-way trip, both Alaska & Vancouver are considered destinations that can can redeemed for the same points/miles
as a regular domestic flight, in many airline programs. We flew NYC-Anchorage-Vancouver-NYC on Continential for on 25,000 points for each person's ticket.

Nov 5th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Frank

Karen:
Take a look at cruiserewards.com, great site and even better prices. Another good one is cruise411.com.