Voyager of the Seas

Oct 3rd, 2000, 05:14 AM
Dawn Cooper

Voyager of the Seas

We are planning a cruise this spring on the Voyager with a "soon to be 13 year old". Any comments, info or suggestions from anyone who has sailed this ship. Also, are the Mayan ruins a good way to spend the day in Cancun? Thank you, Dawn,Ct.

Oct 3rd, 2000, 09:42 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Dawn,

If you are speaking of the RCCL Voyager it is in a class all it's own. The ship, as you probably read has an awful lot of things to see and do.

If you are speaking about the ruins of Tulum, it is a wonderful site but I do not know if your child will appreciate the trip. It is long and intensive. He may enjoy climbing the steps. You may swim in the water below the site but there are no changing rooms.

A better bet with a child is to visit one of the National Parks. These parks are fun for the entire family....snack bars, snorkling, swimming with the fish, etc.

Have a great cruise.

Paul

Oct 4th, 2000, 10:49 AM
Dawn Cooper

Paul, thank you for your reply. I am booked on RCCL Voyager and we are very much looking forward to it. I read one older review from an early sailing that said that the food was terrible. This I can't imagine because we cruised on the Monarch of the Seas and the food was just fine. Have you any opinion as to that allegation? Thank you again. Dawn

Oct 4th, 2000, 08:17 PM
Paul Therault

Dear Dawn,

Here I go again saying negative things about RCCL. I know I am going to get bashed.

I have been getting complaints rom my customers about the food on RCCL ships. It is not as good as it was in the past.

I thought I would give the Voyager a shot. Here goes:

The three beef dishes I ordered had a strange taste .... not quality cuts. And I know quality. The fish and vegatables were good.

The breads are as hard as a rock. I do not believe they are baked on board.

Aah, now a positive ..... the deserts are out of this world and available up until 3 AM.

Do not let these minor things ruin a most wonderful ship and cruise.

And please remember you can return any food course and get another.

Paul

Oct 5th, 2000, 04:28 AM
Dawn Cooper

Paul, in the meantime I found four other reviews and three out of four expressed your opinion. Thank you again. Dawn

Oct 5th, 2000, 10:30 PM
Paul Therault

Thank you Dawn.

Paul

Search this Thread