visa overnight egypt for kiwi

Jul 13th, 2007, 01:25 AM
Original Poster

visa overnight egypt for kiwi

Hi we are New Zealanders living in australia with NZ passports we are on a cruise calling at Port Said and Alexandria and have organised a private (not ships) tour overnight Have just been told by the Australian Princess agency that seeing we are not going A: on day trips B: Overnight with ships tour that we have to organise our own Visas to egypt There is so much conflicting information out there does anyone know the answer apparently our USA travel companions doing the same shore tour will be given visas on board but we have it in an email to find our own!!! isnt this discrimination? have spoken to the egyptian embassy and they want our passports and we sail in 2 weeks HELP HELP HELP
Jul 13th, 2007, 08:23 PM
P_M

I can see why you are in a state of panic, I would be too. As for discrimination, yes I suppose that would be true. But that doesn't surprise me since most every country bases their visa requirements on your country of citizenship. I'm not saying that's fair, but it is common.

You said you have spoken with the Egyptian Embassy, so let me throw this out there--Did they give you the option to come into the Embassy and get visas on the spot? I know that might be an inconvenience, but at this stage I would also be very uncomfortable with sending away my passport.

Just an idea, I wish I could be of more assistance. If nothing else, I'll bring your post to the top of the heap. I will also suggest posting in the Africa/Middle East forum if you haven't done so already. Good luck and I hope you will get it all sorted out in time.

Search this Thread