Victory Carnival Cruise The Worst

Old Oct 13th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Victory Carnival Cruise The Worst

I have never been so humiliated ever in my life. MOMS you will really be able to relate with me! Upon arrival for the cruise 38 professional women looking to escape motherhood, wife duties and careers just for a few days. Everyone showing passports, government identification, etc. Not a problem leaving the port of Miami. But After being on the ship awaiting to arrive in the Bahamas . This is when everything went completely bizarre 😱 Can you image 38 women in swim wear with hats and sunglasses, flip flops or swim shoes. Exiting the ship one of the women from the ship turns to me when I presented my passport and state I can not exit the boat because I do not look like my passport. Now, might I remind you this is the same passport that I used getting on the ship. So I Express I am so confused this is the same government identification used to get on the boat. Now as a women the photo was taken after having a baby so I did have some weight on me during the time of the photo. So the passport showed me weighing 165 and my normal weight is 135 so my face was round and full. But same person just 145 pounds now. She told me this is not me. Wow so your saying I am not a women who deals with hormones and my weight can not change due to whatever reasons. My girls friends where like this can not be real.... where is your manager. I was in tears and could not believe I was treated this way for about 25 minutes. So finally a man with common sense comes alone and allow me to exit the ship with the ladies I was traveling with. I have never felt so bad as a women ever. And it was a very slender women who may have never had a kid or a family. I research Carinval Cruise site over and over and never found a email to address the company to report the incident. And asking for a manager on the ship is a complete joke. I will never sail with them ever again. And I hope no other mom is ever humiliated the way I was. 😡
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 10:14 AM

sorry to say this, but sometimes you "get what you pay for".
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 10:19 AM

sorry to say this, but sometimes you "get what you pay for".>

??? Please explain what this has to do with the plight of this lady? Again blaming victim?
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 10:35 AM

well I have heard a lot of things about the Carnival cruises. Not blaming the lady, but wise to research the cruises, esp in the Carribean. Same as with some airlines/Russian for instance. I've heard personally numerous comments like this about Carnival. Would you fly Aeroflot?
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 10:39 AM

OK - understood but why would Carnivale do such a stupid thing - what do they gain from that? Are there Americans trying to illegally enter the Bahamas? Doesn't make sense and not doubting OP.
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 10:42 AM

employees represent the company, she reflects this. The end. I've heard these stories too often.
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 11:46 AM

Still there must be a reason that passport checker was so tough - whole thing makes no sense and yes I believe OP.
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 12:00 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to fodors (I guess) . . . But why did you post this on the Europe forum. Plus . . They let you off the ship didn't they??

Don't see how it was 'humiliating'. For about 6 years once I looked nothing like my passport photo - thank heavens and I was often questioned at LHR or LAX. Why all the angst?

Last edited by janisj; Oct 13th, 2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 12:09 PM

Why is this in the Europe Forum?

Last edited by StCirq; Oct 13th, 2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 12:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I am getting ready to get a new passport and military id. I love my old pictures but that is life. Was the passport checker on the boat as you left a Carnival employee or was it someone in the Bahamas? We do the three nighters out of Port Canaveral and for a three nighter Carnival or RC are fine. I just didn't like it when our whole floor was Florida State party central. They even tpeed the halls. We never said a word but heard security tell them they would be off the boat in Nassau if they didn't calm down. The guys across the hall offered to share their drinks with us. Hey, we were young once.

I hope you didn't let this spoil your trip. There are many cruise employees at the main desk. I go there if I have a question. Cheap getaway but not my favourite trip. We just live so close to the port and get Fl deals. I do want to do the Cuba cruise out of Miami.
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sue81
well I have heard a lot of things about the Carnival cruises. Not blaming the lady, but wise to research the cruises, esp in the Carribean. Same as with some airlines/Russian for instance. I've heard personally numerous comments like this about Carnival. Would you fly Aeroflot?
Actually I did fly Aeroflot recently - business class actually and it was nice. much better than Delta.

Anyway, Can't understand how you get in tears because someone says you don't look like your pic. humilated ? for what ?for gaining weight ? Some people allow themselves to be/feel humiliated...

However I remember going through 'baptism' at university and losing my hair. I got arrested by cops and had to change my photo on my ID card. Helps to look like the picture on your ID.

And as a parthian shot : we should forbid one time poster to post thread with 'worse' 'avoid' 'never again' in the title.
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 12:42 PM

Old Oct 13th, 2018, 01:10 PM

1. This is posted in the Europe forum. It has absolutely nothing to do with Europe, should be in the cruise forum.
2. The OP posted only this post. Please, write a trip report so we know what the rest of the cruise was like.
3. There are stupid and rude people everywhere and you can run into one once in awhile on any trip or ship. Don't let one incident spoil a whole trip.
4. I have now cruised twice on Carnival. Yes, as to quality of food, entertainment, etc. it is not quite the same standard as some other lines, but I have cruised with 5 different cruise lines, and customer service has been excellent on both our Carnival cruises, at least as good or better than any other cruise lines, including some of the more expensive ones. I would cruise with Carnival again with no hesitation.
5. OP, if you really want to reach other people, post on cruisecritic.com., cruise.com or Carnival's Facebook pages.

6. Reaching the company is super easy! Go to Carnival.com. It will take you to Carnival Corporation website. At the bottom are all the contact numbers for customer service, etc. This is the number for addressing any issues after a cruise. 800-929-6400.
If that does not work, call the corporate number, 1-800-764-7419, and ask to be transferred to Customer Service.
Next, speak with your travel agent or whoever handled purchasing tickets.

I can believe it happened, and I have never had security kid around, but I wonder if initially there was some misunderstanding. Not that it would be appropriate, but perhaps in the beginning the security person intended to be complimentary, meaning that the OP looked good in person, and the whole conversation just went awry.

There is another interesting question here. All .Carnival cruises to the Bahamas are closed circuit from the US. US citizens only need gov ID, and sign and sail ID issued by the ship. When we have been on cruises in the Bahamas and Caribbean, we have never, ever shown passports. To get on and off the ship, all we ever need are the ship sign and sail ID cards. The digital photo taken by the ship matches the bar code on your sign and sail. As you depart and return to the ship, they check to see that your sign and sail matches the picture they took of you. The OP having to present a passport suggests that she is not a US citizen, so may have had other issues.
Old Oct 14th, 2018, 05:15 AM

I am also curious why the passenger had to show her passport to get off the ship.
Old Oct 15th, 2018, 04:25 AM

might have something to do with US immigration requirement?
Old Oct 15th, 2018, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sue81
might have something to do with US immigration requirement?
Has nothing to do w/ US Immigration since they were disembarking in the Bahamas. Unless the OP returns to clear up some things (not likely to since she only registered to post her complaint) we have no idea what really happened.
Old Oct 17th, 2018, 01:57 PM

Actually Aeroflot is a 4 of 5* rated carrier now, better that UA, AA and Delta.
Old Oct 23rd, 2018, 05:40 PM
P_M

I've been on about 12 cruises and a few of those included stops in the Bahamas. I've done cruises in the Caribbean, the west coast of Mexico, the Mediterranean, Central America and South America. The only time I ever had to show my passport upon going into port was when we docked in Egypt.

Just last year I was on a cruise that made a stop in the Bahamas and they did not ask for passports when we left the ship. The OP's story doesn't make any sense and I'm not buying it.