Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Uniworld Paris-Paris River Cruise on Baroness (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/uniworld-paris-paris-river-cruise-on-baroness-691836/)

Wednesday Mar 28th, 2007 08:02 AM

Uniworld Paris-Paris River Cruise on Baroness

Most river cruise posts I found were older...anyone been recently ? I am looking at a Nov cruise Paris-Paris....amazing itinerary...any feedback would be great, thank you !

RagtopGirl Feb 4th, 2011 11:00 AM

Bringing the post up again to see if anyone has info on this.

maryanne1 Feb 5th, 2011 05:56 AM

I would like the same info. I was to go on this river boat trip the fist of Nov.,but had to cancel due to a knee problem and also my Dr. thought it not a good idea for me to be in Paris at the time of the protest.
If anyone has reviews of this trip going to Normandy please send a link. I looked on Cruise Critic,but could not find the info there. I missed the Monet exhibit at the Palace Royale which was very disappointing also.

kershner1 Jun 27th, 2011 12:19 PM

Just back from Paris to Paris cruise on Uniworld's Royal Baroness. Ship has been refurbished. Outstanding staff. We were delayed in Paris for 3 nights due to the lock workers strike. Uniworld was very accommodating in readjusting our itinerary. Our cruise director, Tony, "jumped through hoops" to make sure we didn't miss anything. All the guides were very knowledgable. We used the Vox which made the tours so much better for hearing and being able to take pictures without missing anything. Food was the best we have had on any cruise, including the big ships. Very pleased with Uniworld.

maryanne1 Jun 29th, 2011 05:26 PM

Thanks so much for your info on the Uniworld'Royal Baroness.
Once again I am going to try to go on that trip after having to cancel last year. What did you do when you were delayed in Paris? I have been to Paris,but am especially interested in going to Normandy. You did get there didn't you? Also the towns along the way.
It sounds good about the service and food on the boat. Any other info you could provide I would appreciate. We are going in Oct.

RagtopGirl Jul 20th, 2011 04:17 PM

kershner1 - did you take the trip to Normandy? I am very interested in this. Was it a long bus trip? Did you have much time at the beach? We are debating between taking the boat trip vs making a trip from Paris for a couple of days.

Thank you

kershner1 Aug 2nd, 2011 05:18 AM

Sorry being so long getting back to your questions. While docked in Paris, Uniworld did the City Paris tour Mon am and went to Montmarte in afternoon -not originally scheduled but definitly an added bonus. Tue still in Paris went to Chateau de Vaux-le-Viconte in am- not my favorite but weather was drizzly so good way to spend the am. In afternoon were given tickets to Museum D'Orsey. After supper cruise director got 65 of us on the Metro and we took a boat ride on the Seine, saw Paris at night. Wed strike over so bused to Giverny(were each given 20euros for lunch since weren't going to be on boat for lunch.)After Giverny we picked up boat at Conflans. Sailed through the night to Rouen did the scheduled excursions on Thur and Fri in Normandy. When we visited the cemetery we were each given a rose to place on a grave. Spent an afternoon at Normandy which included the cemetery and museum. Museum is awesome and would suggest more time at the museum and less time in the cemetery (no disrespect but it is so big and heart wrenching that we found our selves wandering aimlessly.) Any other question please ask.

maryanne1 Aug 9th, 2011 05:24 AM

Thank you so much for providing more info. I am hopeful that I get on this trip in Oct.