Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/)
-   -   Uniworld European River Cruises (https://www.fodors.com/community/cruises/uniworld-european-river-cruises-155337/)

Irma Feb 5th, 2002 11:47 AM

Uniworld European River Cruises

Has anyone taken any of these cruises?<BR>Opinion?

Paul Therault Feb 5th, 2002 10:23 PM

<BR>I was on a Uniworld cruise a couple of years ago and find them a good average experience. The ships are clean and new. The client profile is predominately seniors.<BR><BR>Paul

KB Jul 12th, 2002 12:25 PM

Paul: How does the Uniworld river cruise compare with GCT? About the same?

Paul Therault Jul 13th, 2002 11:42 PM

The same. I would say for price, a travel agent can probably save you some money on a Uniworld Cruise but not on GCT.<BR><BR>If you want quality, cruise Peter Deilmann or Viking River.<BR><BR>Paul

Sheila O'Brien Dec 6th, 2002 06:19 AM

Re: European River Cruises. I read about all the messages on this forum back years to get info yesterday on Good companies. Has anyone heard of Croisi Europe? They are a French firm, but have cruises in Germany, Holland, etc also. Collette Vacations has a Rhine cruise &amp; land tour May 2003 that sounds good. Any info on Croisi Europe AND on Collette?<BR><BR>OH..Eurocruises went out of business in 2001 and Viking took over KD Cruises.

Paul Therault Dec 6th, 2002 11:35 PM

Hi Sheila,<BR><BR>Collette is a rather expensive tour company if you choose their deluxe hotels and how many dinners are included. But if you wish your sightseeing taken care of you should consider Collette. It is a well respected company.<BR><BR>Paul

Star Dec 12th, 2002 05:22 PM

Took Uniworld River Queen cruise in Sept biggest disapointment I ever had. ship was clean food canned or packaged, over cooked or under cooked constantly terrible sevice in the dining room. Would never recommed or travel with them again. Complained to both Uniworld and Holland River Lines whom the boat belongs to.

Barb Dec 14th, 2002 12:26 PM

I took a Uniworld river cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg, Russia this September. I found them, at least in Russia, to be quite accommodating. Russia is just opening up to the average traveler and they still have a ways to go to catch up with other countries. We have taken Grand Circle river cruises and found the Russian river experience pretty comparable. Perhaps Grand Circle is several steps ahead in the efficiency factor in handling the tourists. In May we will be going with GCT again but would still consider Uniworld if the itinerary suited us.

kathie Dec 29th, 2002 06:31 PM

I just returned from a Uniworld River Cruise on 12/14 and found both the ship, destintion (Xmas Market on the Rhine), staff and food wonderful. The River Princess is a beautiful ship and the service of the staff was great, as well as great quality and variety of food. The holiday season in Germany is beautiful and I would not hesitate for one moment to do it again!